Students bused to alternate schools after boiler leak | News
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. – Nearly 900 DeKalb County elementary school students were bused to other schools on Wednesday after a carbon monoxide scare.
Officials say a leak in the boiler at Oak View Elementary posed no carbon monoxide danger to classrooms, but did cause the heat to classrooms to be turned off. That's why students were taken to other schools.
Pre-kindergarten through second grade students were bused to Cedar Grove Elementary, while third through fifth graders were sent to McNair High School.
Oak View elementary got the "all clear" but students still spent the last 2 days in classrooms at other schools.
Superintendent Ralph Simpson said there were no traces of carbon monoxide in the school.
"The boiler room is an outside entrance and exit and at no point could that have entered the school," Simpson said.
The students will continue to be relocated while repairs are made on Thursday, officials said. Classes are expected to resume at Oak View on Friday.